The Department of Mining, Chemical and Petroleum Engineering is a new Department which came into operation on 1st January 2022 in the Faculty of Engineering. It was curved out of the Department of Chemistry in the Faculty of Science as one of the Departments in the new Kyambogo University Structure which was approved by the University Council at its 85th Meeting held on 27th August, 2020. Currently the two Departments are co-managing the following academic programmes.
- Bachelor of Science in Chemical and Process Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Oil and Gas Production
Effective 1st July 2022, the Department of Mining, Chemical and Petroleum Engineering will fully take over the following programmes for first year intake of 2022/2023:
- Bachelor of science in Chemical and Process Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Oil and Gas Engineering
In the near future, the Department will also run the following academic programmes:
- Postgraduate Diploma in Oil and Gas Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Mining Engineering
- Master of Science in Oil and Gas Engineering
- Master of Science in Chemical and Process Engineering
- Master of Science in Mining Engineering
- PhD programmes
To become a first-class global collaborative partner and intellectual nexus that bridges disciplines, institutions and communities for optimal exploitation and utilization of Earth’s Resources.
P.O. Box 1 Kyambogo